Wednesday, February 6, 2013

box of neglect: round one

Here is the first round of my Box of Neglect Challenge. If you are confused or have no idea what I am talking about, check out my post HERE. Which products get a second chance? I have to choose a fate for each product: BOX (to be sold/donated), DRAWER (I am keeping), or TOSS (to the garbage it goes)!

CONTENDERS
boxofneglectround1

MAYBELLINE DREAM MOUSSE CONCEALER
I don't care for this. This is discontinued but from what I gathered from the beauty community, it was popular. It doesn't match me very well and it doesn't do a great job at covering anything. There isn't much product left in this so I have decided to either use this up myself or toss it. I don't want to burden anyone with it. DRAWER/TOSS!

WET n WILD E/S PALETTE in VANITY
I completely forgot I had this palette. It is really nice for drugstore. The colors aren't unique but staples. I like this but I have so many other shades from higher end brands that work much better on me. The matte beige color is too stark on me and doesn't blend into my skin tone. This is a good product but I have other choices similar to it that suit me better. BOX!

MILANI BAKED BLUSH IN DOLCE PINK
I actually really like Milani's baked blush line. But I have to face reality. When it comes to my skin texture (scarred and large pores), these aren't my friends. Dolce Pink is very frosty. I love the shade of pink on me, but the frost and sparkle factor really emphasizes my skin texture. This would be lovely on smooth skinned ladies. This is a sad verdict, and I might even give this a third chance, but...BOX(for now)

STILA SUN BRONZING POWDER SHADE 2
Another item I completely forgot about. It don't mind this. I have been so exasperated by the poor performance Benefit Hoola gave me so it is nice to use a product that I like. It is matte, pigmented, and blends into my skin nicely. The texture isn't the best and the color could be potentially orange on pale ladies, but on me it turns out ok. I will use it up since I don't like any of the other bronzers I have right now. DRAWER

STILA ILLUMINATING FINISHING POWDER in ROSE GOLD
Every time I use this, it just does not want to show up on me. Perhaps that is the point? To be subtle? I just don't see any effect with this at all. I have tried using it all over and just on the tops of my cheekbones. Sorry, I like my highlighters to be noticeable. BOX

MILANI BAKED BLUSH in ROSE D'ORO
This color looks dirty on me. And has high frost just like Dolce Pink. It is so pretty in the pan, but I think frosty corals just don't suit me. Remember how I felt about MAC Stereo Rose? Wish it looked better on me...BOX

IN ACTION
DSC_8667
In the above picture, I am wearing the Wet and Wild Vanity palette, Stila Bronzer, Milani Rose D'Oro blush. So what is the tally this first round?

BOX: 4
DRAWER: 2 (kinda)
TOSS: 1 (kinda)

That is it for this round in the challenge. Until next time. I am determined to give all my Milani baked blushes a chance even though they pretty much all have the same frosty finish...

No comments:

Post a Comment