Tuesday, February 26, 2013

box of neglect round 2

It is time for the second round of my Box of Neglect Challenge. If you are confused or have no idea what I am talking about, check out THIS post to get briefed and if you missed the first round you can catch up HERE. Which products get a second chance this time? I have to choose a fate for each product: BOX (to be sold/donated), DRAWER (I am keeping), or TOSS (to the garbage it goes).

THE CONTENDERS
boxneglectround2

L'OREAL TRUE MATCH BLUSH IN TENDER ROSE
This blush has a really great texture for being drugstore. It isn't very pigmented but that isn't bothersome since I feel like the majority who rely on drugstore makeup need a blush that is impossible to overdo. I would definitely recommend this lineup if you are on a budget. Unfortunately this color is not the best choice for me, it is a bit too cool on me. Because of this I know it is not something I will reach for often. Shame since I think overall the blush is lovely. BOX

MILANI BERRY AMORE BAKED BLUSH
This is my favorite shade out of the Milani baked blushes I own. It isn't so frosty that it makes my skin texture look bad and the color is also flattering on me. If you want to see a swatch, you can check out my old post on it HERE. I am also wearing it below (blue hat picture). Happily choosing to keep this. DRAWER

WET N WILD LAGOON
I think I have come to terms with the fact that colored eye shadows and me are just never going to happen often. Neutrals FTW! The only "colors" I realistically use are taupes and olives. Every thing else lays gathering dust. This eyeshadow texture is smooth and nice. The pigmentation is great and the color is gorgeously bright. It is nice to smudge into the lower lash line every now and then but I won't reach for this often. It deserves more love than I can give. BOX

DSC_8779Wearing Milani Berry Amore blush & WnW Lagoon Eyeshadow

MAC BLANKETY LIPSTICK
Yikes. This shade just does not look flattering on me at all. I don't know what it is about it. Perhaps a bit too rosy? Too pale? I am not sure. I just know every time I give it a chance and slap it on (heavily or dabbed on, it doesn't matter) it just does not work on me. BOX

NYX ESPRESSO BLUSH
I pulled this out, wore it for a few days, and declared myself a fool. Why did I throw this in the box?!? NYX makes really great blushes. This color is really awesome. Think of a versatile peachy neutral and that is exactly what Espresso is. I bought this way back when all because of Laura since she once expressed her love for it. Definitely a keeper. DRAWER

PHYSICIAN'S FORMULA VEGAS STRIP SHIMMER STRIPS
This is really nice. I seem to have picked the cream of the crop when it comes to my drugstore choices. Granted PF is on the "higher end" on a drugstore scale, but the quality of this product is very nice. It isn't too frosty, the texture isn't too chunky, and the finish is really pretty. It has the ability to be subtle but you can also build it up. I usually apply this to the tops of my cheekbones, bridge of the nose, and cupid's bow. I have so many highlighters though! It would be more practical for me to give this up. The only downside to this is the packaging. I always have trouble opening it. Again, if you are on a budget this is a great choice. I just have too many highlighters to warrant keeping this. BOX

REVLON REALLY RED LIPSTICK
I spontaneously wore this one day and surprisingly didn't hate it. I am not a red lipstick wearer, but this lipstick makes me want to be! I am going to keep this. It is fun to wear and I think it will help me emerge out into the bold lipstick world. DRAWER

revlonreallyredWearing Revlon Really Red and Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips heavily.

photo(7)

I posted the above picture on my Instagram, but I think the angle of this picture showcases the products better. I am wearing Revlon Really Red, Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips, and NYX Espresso.

That is the end of round two. How did I do this time?

ROUND TWO
BOX: 4
DRAWER: 3

TOTAL SO FAR
BOX: 8
DRAWER: 5
TOSS: 1

Not bad. Glad to see so far I am getting rid of more items rather than hoarding them. Hope you enjoyed this round. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment