Thursday, July 18, 2013

at arm's reach

Currently I have a little pile of products at arm's reach on my makeup desk. I put it within sight in hopes I'll reach for it more often to use it up to its entirety. They are all in the furthest stages of use out of my makeup collection. Perhaps with a little routine and persistence I will be able to proudly have these in my empties.

DSC_9697

SMASHBOX FILTER TRIO
I have talked about this trio a few times before. I still agree with my last words about this, underrated and superb quality. I have completely used up the light beige shade which caused me to neglect the rest of the colors. I pulled it back out to use up the rest. I'm making great progress with the mid-brown shade as I have hit pan already. I suspect my biggest challenge will be the darkest brown.

REVLON COLORBURST GLOSS IN PINK ICE
This isn't my favorite Revlon lipgloss formula or shade which is why I think I neglect it so much. Still it isn't so horrible that it is unusable so I've been trying my best to apply it every morning before I'm out the door.

MAC CREAM COLOR BASE IN HUSH
Again, another repeat mention on my blog. I just haven't been reaching for any highlighter lately due to my au natural shine (*cough* oil) from the summer heat. Good thing this has a beautiful texture and subtle finish I can work with.

DIORSKIN SCULPT LIFTING SMOOTHING CONCEALER
I have been ignoring this concealer in favor of Maybelline Instant Age Rewind in Brightener. I forced myself to put that in the drawer in order to use this up. I keep thinking that I am ALMOST done with it but the wand keeps scooping out more product. Has anyone ever tried to cut this open? I'm sure there is way more product that the wand can't reach on the side...

LANCOME TEINT IDOLE ULTRA 24 HR FOUNDATION
Full review of this HERE. I think this is a great foundation when mixed up with other products rather than full on. I can no longer pump anything out of the bottle, I have resorted to turning the bottle upside down to let the residual product trickle down. Almost to the finish line!

MAC GROUNDWORK PAINT POT
Probably my favorite shade available in the paint pot lineup. A clay like mid brown shade that is completely invaluable. This creases on me without primer which isn't a deal breaker for me since I love the color so much and don't know of any other alternatives. I am about halfway done with this but it can used so many ways (alone, for smokey eyes, as a tacky base for glitter) that with daily use I think I can manage to clean it out.

URBAN DECAY 24/7 GLIDE ON PENCIL IN PERVERSION
I think I am in the minority when I say that I don't care for Urban Decay's 24/7 pencils. I have tried the shades in Zero, Whiskey, and Perversion and while they all glide on smoothly, they just do not last on me. Perversion is a beautifully rich black shade, something that I completely appreciate as that can be rare, but it smudges under my lash line often causing me to constantly have to check up my eye makeup to touch up. Annoying, but I am almost done with it!

What tactic do you use to use up products? I'd love to hear your input.

No comments:

Post a Comment