Wednesday, July 24, 2013

summer changes: current favorites

I'm not one to do monthly favorites as I think it is unrealistic for me to have a whole new set of items at the end of each month that I can deem as most loved. I also have been TRYING to get into the routine life which makes having monthly favorites even more problematic. That being said, I do randomly get beauty fixations where I reach for certain products and can't seem to deviate towards anything else. And with my frequent encounter with the sun lately, my skin has tanned up causing me to change up my routine. So what have I been loving lately?

DSC_9745

SUMMER BASE
Since gaining some color I had to switch up my foundation in order to match me. YSL Teint Resist Foundation not only matches me best at the moment, but it has such great lasting power and oil control. I do have to blot once throughout my day, like normal for my oily skin type, but even so my makeup still stays intact and looks untouched. It has controllable coverage but I would describe it overall as medium. The finish is also really great, not quite matte or dewy, more skin like. Too bad YSL discontinued this as I think it is quite nice.

BRONZE ROSE BLUSHES
I have been obsessed with tawny rose blushes lately. They look super natural with my newly tanned skin while adding some depth to my face. The two blushes I keep reaching for is NARS Lovejoy and Rock & Republic Lust. They are similar in color with Lust being a bit rosier than Lovejoy. Lust also requires a bit more blending since it is so pigmented and has a rougher texture. Both have a fine, golden shimmer running throughout it but it isn't noticeable on the skin.

SMUDGE PROOF LINER
I have been completely ditching my kohl liners in favor of MAC Blacktrack Fluidline, for both lining my lids and waterline. I never used to be bothered with gel liners as they seemed like much more work since you need a brush. But I think once you get a routine down, it isn't much of a hassle. Plus the budge proof results are worth it! This never falls down under my lash line, something I really appreciate since I am used to having to touch up during my day so I don't look raccoon-like. I also like how once applied it doesn't set immediately so I am able to softly smoke out the line if desired.

APPROPRIATE LID SHADE
My go to all over lid shade used to be MAC Brule. Lately I just haven't been feeling it. With my skin color deepening it looked too stark and dull. I switched it out for MAC Arena which suits me MUCH better. It isn't matte like Brule but it also isn't metallic. It has quite a refined shimmer to it that melds into my skin tone beautifully and subtly. I think if you are very cool toned or very pale you might not care for this shade as I would think it would show up too orange on you. If you are medium to dark and warmed skinned, you should check it out! Quite an underrated shadow from MAC.

DSC_9704

Face: YSL Teint Resist, Dior Lifting Sculpting Concealer, LM Secret Camouflage, NARS Pressed Light Reflecting Powder, NARS Lovejoy, LM Spellbound

Eyes: MAC Arena, Smashbox Trio in Filter, MAC Tempting, MAC Blacktrack Fluidline, Prestige My Blackest Lashes

Lips: Revlon Life's A Peach gloss

CLOSER LOOK
DSC_9718

What has been your go to summer look lately? Also, I am curious to know what your favorite tawny rose blushes are. Sound off in the comments! I am quite obsessed and would love to hear your top shades...

No comments:

Post a Comment