Tuesday, November 6, 2012

fall makeup routine as of late

DSC_8174

remember when i did THIS post talking about my parched skin? well it looks like this is becoming a yearly occurrence. to accommodate my drier skin, i am back to wearing no powder and all cream products. here is what i am using this time around:

URBAN DECAY DE-SLICK SPRAY
i touched on this briefly in my post about facial sprays. i like to use this to seal in my makeup and it prevents my face from looking like a complete oil slick throughout most of my day.

DIOR SCULPT LIFTING SMOOTHING CONCEALER
the product name is quite a mouthful. i have been using this religiously under my eyes. easy to apply and it lasts all day. it does crease if you apply too much so applying the right amount is key.

GA EYES TO KILL #28
not really a cream product, but i have been reaching for this daily. it is pretty and flattering all on its own all over the lid and under the lash line. such an easy product to work with.

CHANEL SOLEIL TAN DE CHANEL
my only cream bronzer. i previously didn't reach for this often because finding a brush to apply it is hard! but i discovered using the sephora platinum 55 brush works great (though it is a bit big for the job). i still really enjoy this product, very natural on.

KIEL'S LIP BALM #1 MANGO
when i first starting using this, i was in love with it because it made my lips look so plump and nourished when first applied. it smells like mangoes and it has the texture of a more emollient petroleum jelly. however, the more i used it the more i didn't like it as much. after time (a few hours) the product just sits on my lips and doesn't feel very hydrating anymore so i feel the need to wipe it off. i wouldn't recommend this, it is expensive and i think cheaper lip balms perform better.

KOH GEN DO AQUA FOUNDATION
this has really been great during these colder months since i am not as oily and it doesn't slide off my face. the coverage is perfect for during the day since it is light but still does a great job at blurring my pores and imperfections. i am almost done with it so i am debating if i want to pick up another bottle from the sephora VIB sale or if i want to try something else.

BOBBI BROWN POT ROUGE IN VELVET PLUM
i snatched this up before bobbi brown repackaged the pot rouges. i knew i wanted a darker color since my collection is mostly summery or natural colors. i wont babble anymore about the pot rouges (my favorite cream blush formula so far) since i think i have done that countless times already. this is a nice fall color that isnt too intense.

BECCA SHIMMERING SKIN PERFECTOR IN MOONSTONE
i picked this up in NYC at sephora (while i was with/met J :D). i must say i am really enjoying this. it is so subtle and natural. im surprised i enjoy this as much as i do since i usually like my highlighter to be very noticeable. i definitely preferred moonstone over the other shades, it matches my skin the best.

DARK LIPS

mosaic6ebce83fb93bfe10d6dfe72ac5afe3bfd795c9e8

i have been really digging dark lips. it is so typical for this time of year but not typical of me since i normally am not a lipstick wearer. if i am not wearing the kiehl's balm i am either wearing revlon color burst lipstick in plum (left) or mac's media lipstick (right). both equally stunning on, but unfortunately both are very drying. mac is a bit more forgiving but revlon's colorburst really sucks my lips dry. shame since i love the color.

so my readers, i leave you with a request. what is your favorite winter/heavy duty moisturizer? i am currently using la roche posay toleriane but i still feel like my skin could use an extra surge of moisture. i would love to hear your suggestions!

NB: for some of the products mentioned above, there are links available for you to click to get to posts i have done already in the past on my blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment