Monday, February 27, 2012

sephora run

made a quick sephora run this past weekend. went in for foundation samples since i've used up my two main foundations i owned and im in the market for a new one. ended up walking out with samples plus all you see U_____U

DSC_6456

CHANEL VITALUMIERE AQUA FOUNDATION SAMPLE
i matched myself at B20. i am about 98% sure i wont buy this foundation but curiousity got the better of me. i think this foundation is for people with perfect/not scarred skin, aka not my skin. i just wanted to try it out for fun.

NARS SHEER MATTE FOUNDATION SAMPLE
I matched myself, again, in Fiji. i really do not like relying on the SA's in sephora or my local dept stores in matching for foundations because this is how competent i feel they are:

lolz

but anyway, back to the sample. i have been curious about the much raved about sheer glow but the formulation + my oily skin sounds like a disaster. figured i should try sheer matte to see how it fares.

BOSCIA GREEN TEA BLOTTING LINENS
how fun is this LE packaging? i have always been one of those girls that did not believe in blotting sheets. this girl has been using toilet paper/paper towels. now im a believer! and i have only been using them for two days. they smell like green tea and soak up everything without disturbing my makeup. nice!

SEPHORA PRO AIRBRUSH FOUNDATION #55 BRUSH
i have been wanting this for the longest time. dont ask me how many times ive walked around in sephora with this in my hands because it has been countless times. i have yet to try this but i am very excited to. i want to give that POS elf flat top brush the boot, it sheds massive chunks on me.

NARS DOLCE VITA LIPSTICK
FINALLY. another item i walk around sephora clutching but never buy. wore it today, love it so far. will do a post on it eventually i expect, it is that lovely. just need to buy the matching blush and gloss now :P

URBAN DECAY 24/7 PENCIL IN PERVERSION
i plan on doing a comparison post on this vs mac feline because i am curious to see which is better. i am obsessed with finding the blackest blackest black liners so when i heard this was becoming permanent i knew i had to try it. i find that the popular zero shade...well it sucks to be quite frank. i hate the shade (not black enough), i hate the texture (not as creamy as mac), i hate the longevity (24/7...pfffffft). will definitely let you guys know my thoughts once i test it out. maybe it will give my beloved feline the boot!

what have you picked up lately? i've been doing pretty good, most of my purchases have been things i NEED, rather than just want. thumbs up to that!

SN: what do you all suggest for the next foundation for me to try? i am looking for a satin finish, good for controlling oily skin, medium coverage, looks good in photos. preferably high end and not drugstore as i've about had it with drugstore foundations. loved to hear your suggestions :D

No comments:

Post a Comment