Wednesday, April 10, 2013

the basics: a quick face

I have this theory that almost everyone has a preference for quick, easy, yet put together looks. Convenience is a powerful persuader. Although I do enjoy the whole ritual of applying makeup and the having the power of transformation, wasting time is something I try to avoid. My philosophy to a basic and quick face involves having an arsenal of easy to use products in a pliable color palette.

DSC_9194

My base as of late has been Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation (review coming soon, promise!) It is an easy base to use since it has a breathable and blendable formula. However, I would only recommend it for normal to dry skin. To prolong my base I rely on a good powder. I was using my NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder because of the sheer uncontrollable anticipation I had towards its release but now that the excitement has worn off, logic has settled in. I am back to finishing up my Maybelline Dream Matte Powder. As for blush, always make time for it. Even if you are in an absolute rush. Seriously it makes a difference! MAC Warm Soul is a perfect pick, it has the dual capability of being a bronzer and blush. All that is left now for the face is highlighter, any kind will do as long as you have one! Highlighter can be crucial for aiding your skin into looking healthy and fresh when it is having a lackluster day. I have been reaching for my hybrid textured Estee Lauder Modern Mercury Highlighter but any will do whether you prefer cream or powder.

DSC_9184

For eyes, the best route for a quick look is a cream shadow. It can be slapped on haphazardly and without any tools if need be. I have been using Estee Lauder Chained Shadow Paint as a friend kindly gifted it to me. So far I am really enjoying the formula since it can be sheered out as a wash or layered on intensely. If you know me by now, you know my signature look is the smoked out bottom lash line. For this I added MAC Smolder into my waterline. Smolder can be tricky since it is quite smudgy so beware! I also blended a bit of Smolder in my top lash line as well. Finishing off the eyes with a quick coat of a broken in tube of L'Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara and my look is almost finished.

Usually I add some sheer gloss or balm to the lips and head out the door. But lately, I have been reaching for Revlon Mauve It Over Matte Lipstick. The color is just so interesting. Not quite fully nude, not quite bold either. Every time I wear it I am surprised at how much I like it. Pulled this little guy out of my Box of Neglect so look forward to hearing more about it in the next round I post.

The basics: everyone has their own philosophy and approach to it. What are your basics? And, random, but how do we feel about ponytails? I for one never like them on me but lately I have been attempting to be wild and try it out ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment