Tuesday, March 17, 2015

currently in rotation

If you have been keeping up to date with my posts, you may have noticed I haven't really featured new makeup. I keep mentioning how I am trying to power through whatever makeup I own already by sticking to a routine with almost the same products for months at a time. With that being said, I have made a few changes to my routine that I have been enjoying and I wanted to share just what I have switched up.

BEAUTY BLENDER CONVERT
I never thought I would be into using a beauty blender sponge type applicator but here I am, months in and fully addicted. Yes it is a pain in the ass to clean and yes it is annoying to have to get up and wet the sponge every time but the results are so damn good that my lazy self has been keeping up with it. I have the Real Techniques version and it has only been a few months yet it is already looking worse for wear. I fully plan to purchase the real deal (black or pink, that is the question!) to see if it lasts longer. I might as well throw in their cleanser as well since I have heard that works like magic. I've tried this application method with all the foundations I own and prefer it best paired with Revlon Colorstay. It makes it look so natural yet I don't lose the staying power. So much win.

CREAM BASES
I have switched up my bronzer game. Instead of using the luminescent theBalm Betty Lou-Manizer, I have switched it in favor of Soleil Tan de Chanel. This had a moment in the beauty blogging world (which is when I bought it) and while I do enjoy it I don't think it is a MUST TRY (obviously, as it has been sitting in the back of my inventory collecting dust until now...). It is a bit orange and application can be a little patchy so some much needed blending with a Sephora Airbrush #55 brush is required. It does have its merits in that it is matte and helps warm up foundations that don't match perfectly.

I was browsing my Instagram feed and saw someone post their pot of Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer and I had a total "ohmigosh I own that and I haven't used it in light years" moment. That is just one cue that you own too much makeup, folks. Inspired by that picture I pulled mine out and have been using it to cover blemishes. This sucker really covers up spots with the tiniest amount. It is nice to know I have alternatives to my Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage if needed.

IN N'OUT
Per usual I always end up switching up my blush choice on a weekly basis but Milani Rose D'Oro has surprisingly been stuck for about a month now. I am surprised because this was featured in one of my Box of Neglect posts where I deemed it a BOX item (to be donated or given away) but I eventually changed my mind on the color and resurrected it for use. Funny how that works, sometimes items need a third chance with me apparently.

I like to prime my eyes with some sort of base before applying eye shadow and since I used up my beloved MAC Groundwork Paint Pot I thought I should show some love to my other paint pot choices. I chose Painterly, a classic that brings back a lot of Makeup Geek nostalgia for me since I bought it due to her frequent use of the product. I don't love this as much as Groundwork but I do consider it somewhat of a staple as you can't go wrong with these cream-like shades for a base.

No comments:

Post a Comment