Friday, January 24, 2014

the lipstick tag

I was tagged by Lena, the blogger behind the brainchild Sleep and Water, to do this really fun lipstick tag. For someone like myself who realistically reaches for lipstick maybe once a week, I have quite a bloated collection. Regardless, owning many choices in color, brand and finish makes me happy.

1. How many lipsticks do you own?
I was proud at first to count up a decent number of 27 from my drawer but then I remembered my Box of Neglect lurking in the corner and guiltily tallied up a grand total of 39. This does not include stains, glosses, or balms.

Box of Neglect lipsticks
I should probably do an update of this series, eh?

2. What was the first lipstick you owned?
I know when I was younger I loved getting all the flavors of Lip Smackers but as for an actual lipstick with color, I can't be too sure! I have a terrible memory. Perhaps it was Revlon Just Enough Buff or Estee Lauder Pinkberry, which was a free GWP.

3. What is your favorite lipstick brand?
I had to really think about this and I'm going to say NARS. I say this because 2 out of the 3 lipsticks I own by the brand are my absolute favorite out of my entire lipstick collection. Revlon is a close second.

4. What is your most worn lipstick?
I would say this is a tie between Burberry Copper Lip Mist and NARS Dolce Vita. Can we all just take a moment to stare in horror at the state of that lip mist? Great formula on the lips but such a soft, slippery mess in the tube.

5. What is your favorite finish?
For natural lip shades I prefer lustre or glossy. For bold colors I prefer matte.

6. What was the last lipstick you bought?
That would be Milani Flamingo Pose, which I have yet to try on. I was THIS close to buying NARS Manhunt and MAC Ruby Woo the other day though so perhaps that will change soon.

7. How many lip products do you currently have in your bag?
Only three. A gloss, balm, and lipstick. Revlon Peach Petal, a mini Fresh Sugar clear balm, and Revlon Really Red.

8. What is your favorite red lip color?
I had to pick two because both always wow me once applied and the formulas are fantastic: Revlon Strawberry Suede and NARS Heat Wave.

9. How do you store your lipsticks?
I keep them tucked away in a little plastic drawer insert that sits inside my IKEA Malm dressing table. Not my ideal way but it works for now.

10. Which lipsticks are you currently lusting after?
Mac Ruby Woo, NARS Red Lizard, Illamasqua Box have all been on my mind. And I will forever have Burberry Blueberry Lip Mist on my wishlist.

This tag was a fun way to look at my collection and to reflect on how much my tastes have changed. I remember when I was in love with MAC, which you can tell by how many lipsticks I own by them. Funnily enough, even though I own many MAC lipsticks I rarely ever reach for them. Not because I dislike the quality but because of the color palette I own. I mostly own washed out nudes, something I was really into when I was an undergrad. If I could swap out a few of those pesky nudes for say Plumful, Patisserie, or Lady Danger I would probably be reaching for them more often.

I tag Elise, Jessica, Julie, Aleeza, Jenny, Jessica, and anyone else who wants to!

No comments:

Post a Comment