Tuesday, May 14, 2013

the summer switch up

Although it isn't officially summer, it sure has felt otherwise with all the sunny clear skies and grilling smells in the air. This time of the year calls for me to switch up my color palette (and even texture palette) to fit in with the vibrant thing that is SUMMER.

SUMMER ESSENTIALS
DSC_9349

I was using Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation but I have switched it out in favor of Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation which has much better lasting power and has a more realistic skin-like finish. Pulling this out has reminded me how much I love this foundation. If only it weren't so damn expensive! In the beginnings of summer before it gets too sweaty out, I tend to pull out creamier products. Although I have oily skin, I find powder feels too much and cream feels freer and thinner on the skin. I have been swirling my Sephora Platinum 55 Brush into my Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base for bronzer. I think this brush and product were meant to be used together since every other brush I have tried with it doesn't give me nearly the same great results.

Cheek wise I have been obsessed with my Bobbi Brown Pot Rouges (old packaging) in Cabo Coral and Calypso Coral. I haven't stopped wearing them for the past few weeks and I don't think I'll be switching it up any time soon. If I had to pick one, Cabo would definitely win. It is peachier and seems to meld into my skin tone more naturally. An honorable mention goes out to NARS Turks and Caicos Multiple Tint which is always a favorite of mine during the summer. It has a very thin gel texture and although the tube is bright, when swatched it is very subtle. It works best on bare or tacky skin (no powder!) so it is favorite of mine for beach days. Unfortunately all of these items besides Calypso Coral were limited edition, the best things always are! D: Blogsales or careful MakeupAlley swapping are your best bet since these are pretty hard to find anywhere else.

SWATCHES
BBCalypsoCaboTurks
FROM LEFT TO RIGHT: CALYPSO CORAL, CABO CORAL, TURKS & CAICOS

For lips, you guys know I have been obsessed with orange-reds lately. I have been slicking on L'Oreal Shine Caresse in Coral Tattoo pretty often. The texture is so light and easy to apply. I still highly recommend this line. You can see Coral Tattoo on me HERE. I also pulled out MAC Vegas Volt which is a orangey coral that has a slight pastel quality to it that keeps it from being too bright and loud.

WEARING VEGAS VOLT
photo(8)

And finally nails. What nail polish addict can leave out their summer favorite nail colors? Neons are definitely an obsession of mine during summer. My favorites are China Glaze Shocking Pink for my mani and China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy for my pedi. I love the shades so much that once they chip, I remove and reapply! That is very rare for me since I own so much polish and like to give all shades some love. I will say that the wear time for these particular China Glaze shades is quite abysmal. A couple days and I get substantial chipping and wear. Just shows how much I love the shades since I put up with it!

What is your summer switch up? What are your summer time essentials?

No comments:

Post a Comment