Friday, May 31, 2013

night time skincare routine

I talked about my morning skincare routine, now it is time to chat about my night time routine. I mentioned before that I use the same toner and moisturizer for morning and night. I have thought about using different ones but I think for my skin's needs it is unnecessary. I don't need to apply a heavy duty moisturizer at night since my skin isn't dehydrated. I like the toner I am using so much that I don't want to switch it up. So what does change from morning to night?

DSC_9363

MAKEUP REMOVAL
First step in my routine is to take off the makeup I've been wearing for the day. I use Bioderma soaked on a cotton round for my eyes since I wear a lot of mascara and kohl liner. Once that is mostly removed, I pump some Boscia MakeUp BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil in my palms and massage it all over my face to remove my face makeup. I also find this softens and adds extra hydration to my skin which is a great bonus. Oil cleansers are something I really believe in. I talked a bit about them more in detail in THIS post.

CLEANSING
Yes I am a double cleanser. After I rinse off my oil cleanser, I cleanse once more with a more thorough yet gentle cleanser. I have been using Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Cottonseed. I think this cleanser is really great. I would definitely repurchase. It is clarifying but not so much that it strips my skin. I love the scent too, it smells very clean like fresh cotton. Most of the time I use just my hands for the cleansing but around 2 times a week I'll pair it with my Clarasonic Mia.

TREATMENT
On to treatment. I usually like to apply some sort of serum at night since I think most serums leave a weird residue on the skin after a few hours. My choice of T-Zone Pore Refining Gel as my treatment is more so a gel rather than a serum. I haven't noticed much of a difference with this product but I will wait until I finish it entirely to fully rate it. I will mention that when I wake up in the morning after applying this the night before, my skin is hideously oily. This makes me a bit scared to try this during the day!

SAMPLES
Night time is also the time I have designated as the time to try out and use up little skincare samples I have. Currently I am using up the Giorgio Armani Regenessence Eye Serum. Not much to say about it to be honest.

LIPS
At night I like to use menthol or medicated lip products. It is probably all in my head but the tingly sensation makes it feel more intensive and saturating. Blistex Lip Medex is my favorite for this. Another HG product.

My night time routine is a bit more intensive since I concentration more on exfoliating and clarifying. What do you use in your night time routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment