Thursday, March 13, 2014

011 items used up

My empties bag was simply bursting to the brim proving how behind I am in updating this series. I have quite a bit to show this time, which makes me wonder if I should keep each post of this series with only a few items at a time, or at the end of the month, or quarterly like some blogs I follow do. What do you guys think?

I polished off mostly skincare this round. Makeup, as usual, is the smallest pile. Here we go...

HAIR

Let's start with the most boring area, shall we?

L'OREAL EVERSLEEK REPARATIVE CONDITIONER
Nothing special. I don't mind these lines but I don't particularly find them raving good either. The small size of the container always irritates me since I have a lot of hair and use these up in less than a month.

REGIS MOISTURIZING CONDITIONER
Not very moisturizing but hey it is in a huge pump container that lasts long. Wouldn't repurchase though, there are much better conditioners on the market.

L'OREAL POWER MOISTURE RUSH HAIR MASK
My sister really loves this, she says it makes her hair feel very soft and smooth. I like it too, but I don't think it had a huge effect on my coarse hair.

MOROCCAN OIL
I really liked this. It smells so divine, dried my hair faster than normal, and made my hair sleeker. I almost went to repurchase this but instead I ended up getting Orofluido in my Ulta haul. I've been using the Orofluido for about 2 months now and I actually like it better than Moroccan oil! It doesn't hold a candle to Moroccan's scent but the effects have been better...

JOICO SMOOTH CURE CONDITIONER
Not great, I liked the Regis conditioner better. This is expensive and does not deliver any smoothing or conditioning results.

L'OREAL EVERSTRONG RECONSTRUCTING CONDITIONER
I love the smell of this line (rosemary mint), though it may not be for everyone. I like this and pick it up every now and then; I can't use it continuously because my hair retains a memory to the repairing and moisturizing effects and then those results fade away compared to the first initial use. Would repurchase at a later date.

BODY CLEANERS

CARESS ENDLESS KISS
Caress is my favorite body wash drugstore brand. It is cheap, doesn't leave my skin squeaky clean (I dislike that feeling), and the scents are fun. I didn't really care for this scent. It wasn't terrible but there are much better offerings within the brand that I like better.

DR. BRONNER ALMOND SOAP
My favorite scent out of the Dr. Bronner line that I have tried so far. This is a staple in my shower routine, it works particularly well on sensitive skin areas that are irritated by normal soaps. Will always repurchase. I picked up a bar version of the Peppermint scent to see if the bar would last longer than the liquid to make my dollar worth it, but in the future I'll stick with the liquid. It lasts much longer.

THE BODY SHOP SATSUMA
My favorite scent from the brand. I actually don't really care for any other scent they offer. This was part of a Satsuma set that was on sale a couple year back or else I wouldn't have picked it up myself. Overpriced, though very effective and lovely smelling.

BODY MOISTURIZERS

SONIA KASHUK YELLOW ALLURIANA
Loved this. Smells fresh like lemons and moisturizes well without any lingering greasiness. I would consider repurchasing as a treat to myself. If you haven't picked up on it, I hate these squeeze packaging containers. You have to cut them open to get the most of the product and it holds such a small amount. I went through this very quickly.

THE BODY SHOP SATSUMA BODY BUTTER
HG body moisturizer. I stocked up on these during the Cyber Monday sale and I usually reserve its use for Spring/Summer when the scent is more appropriate but I couldn't resist cracking one open.

SONIA KASHUK PURPLE SEDUCTIA
I enjoyed this equally to Yello Alluriana. Same deduction as above.

SKINCARE: CLEANSERS & TONERS

MARIO BADESCU GLYCOLIC ACID TONER
Fairly affordable with minimal ingredients that will appeal to the natural product junkies. A bit harsh at first, this stung my skin a bit during the first few days of use but eventually my face got used to it. It isn't a terrible toner but it also isn't something I would repurchase. I'm glad I tried it out.

SHU UEMURA PORE CLARIFYING CLEANSING OIL
So far this has been the best cleansing oil I have tried to date. It is more fluid and less viscous to everything else I have tried. Boscia is downright thick compared to it. Very effective and makes my skin happy. I'm not so sure about the pore clarifying claim though. I have a backup ready to use in my bathroom once I use up my current Boscia.

NEOSTRATA TONING SOLUTION 1
I would say this was harsher than Mario Badescu. Again, my skin acclimated to it with continued use. Same verdict as MB, wasn't terrible but wasn't noteworthy either. Glad I tried it but wouldn't repurchase. I think toners are an area that I will forever be exploring and trying out different brands and types.

GARNIER RADIANCE RENEWAL CLEANSING GELEE
Cheap product and easily accessible. I think this broke me out initially so I stopped using it for some time. I restarted up and didn't break out again so who knows. A fun, cheap thrill. Smells like citrus, foams up slightly, works well as a second cleanser. Wouldn't repurchase, there are much better cleansers than this.

CERAVE MOISTURIZING LOTION
Sick of seeing this bottle yet? HG moisturizer, will never be without it.

SKINCARE: TREATMENTS

LA ROCHE POSAY MELA D SERUM
I was going to do a separate review post to this but it really wasn't a product worth talking about. It smells STRONGLY of alcohol and chemicals, is expensive, and I didn't see any huge results. Ole Henriksen Enlighten Me is cheaper, better smelling, and actually gave me results. Skip it!

LUSH MASK OF MAGNAMINTY
Really enjoy this mask and would repurchase. Smells minty and makes my face feel great. Less congested and refreshed.

LA ROCHE POSAY EFFACLAR DUO
Another HG skin product. Essential to keep small breakouts and clogged up pores away.

MAKEUP & NAILS

UD PRIMER POTION
It works but I won't be getting the packaging like this again. I'll either try out the improved squeeze tube or try out the NARS eye primer.

OPI TOPCOAT MINI
This dried out due to the small packaging. Not the best topcoat, won't purchase the full size.

GIORGIO ARMANI EYES TO KILL LINER
Favorite kohl liner to date. I used it up until it gave me no more! I talked about this product in my kohl liner roundup and comparison post.

No comments:

Post a Comment