Tuesday, October 8, 2013

hitting pan part II

The proud feeling of seeing a shiny metal pan never gets old for me. I have managed to reach the bottom of a few items which usually marks me getting into a new routine. If you have never hit pan on anything, that really is the best advice: STICK TO A ROUTINE. It can be a little boring and it lacks variety but on the plus side you steadily use things up on a reliable look and less time is dedicated in thinking up what look you want for the day. I did a post like this before which you can check out HERE.

RECENT STAPLES
DSC_0508

First up we have Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer, a product that with time I have grown to really understand the hype. I have hit pan on both sides! I was a little perplexed as to how to use this at first since the actual texture (firm and tacky) was not what I expected (creamy and blendable). I use this on blemishes and it covers really well with lasting results, even on my oily skin. Best application is with a synthetic small brush like Real Techniques Detailer Brush. I have used my fingers in a pinch but the results aren't as good.

I seem to always do well with sticking to one bronzer until it is used up. My current one in rotation is Stila Sun Bronzing Powder #2 which is matte and not too outrageously pigmented which I find the best for bronzers as it looks more natural. I will say this shade has the potential to be a bit orange so it would look horrendous on pale skin. It blends out fine on my medium toned skin, especially when used with my beloved Eco Tools Bamboo Bronzer Brush.

As for eyes, I have two MAC items that I have been using pretty regularly. MAC Paint Pot in Groundwork is an absolute must have. The color is a completely invaluable, matte mid toned brown. It works fine alone, with smokey eyes, as a base for other colors, etc. I mostly use it alone with some smudged liner. Quick and easy. This does crease on me without primer but I love the color so much that it isn't even a bother for me. Who doesn't use eye primer anyway? If I don't do that look I will use MAC Brule (top left in my quad) all over the lid with any dark brown shadow I have on hand to shade windshield wiper style into my crease. Both of these items are significant staples for me; I would definitely repurchase and recommend both!

Have you hit pan on anything lately? Do share, I bet you are dying to :) Sticking to a routine isn't so bad but I have yet to be able to stick to only one blush at a time. My attempts to do so always end with my blush fiend self lashing out at the boredom. When the day comes that I do hit pan on a blush, it will be declared a national holiday here on Vain Pleasures with banners, streamers, and confetti. Can't forget the confetti.

No comments:

Post a Comment