Friday, May 30, 2014

002 thoughts of the week

1. For memorial weekend I went home to visit my parents. To help pass the time, my older sister played old performances on blast and it made me feel extremely nostalgic. I mean, listen to the harmonization in THIS and the greatness that is THIS. They just don't do entertainment right anymore *grandma grumble.

2. I had no idea who Iggy Azalea was last week but I came across Jimmy Kimmel's translation for old people video which made me laugh and also firmly cemented the rapper's name in my brain. Now I feel like she's everywhere I turn and I just wasn't paying attention before. I previously hated Fancy, now it is embarrassingly a guilty pleasure.

3. I almost gave up on The Originals because I really can not stand Hayley (the worst) but I heard the finale was good so I forced myself to catch up. And it was worth it because the finale was really great. I might have cried. That damn wooden toy scene, ugh.

 photo woodentoyoriginals_zpsd9f27ff3.gif
All the tears...

4. NastyGal was having a 50% off already marked down items so picked out a few things. I've never shopped at the site before so we shall see how it goes. The things I am most excited about are THIS sparkly thing and my very first maxi dress.

5. Did you guys see The Lonely Island's When Will the Bass Drop video?! If you are a fan of EDM you will 100% understand and laugh forever like I did. If not, you probably won't think it's funny. Andy Samberg's face could convince you otherwise though.

6. My recently watched Netflix movie is Dogtooth. I picked it because an internet list told me it was compelling. Holy hell this movie was fucked up. I didn't understand what was going on at all but it did make me think for a couple days after I watched it. I don't know if I necessarily recommend it because it is a strange, strange movie with no concrete resolution or explanation.

source
just to give you a preview of the strangeness

7. Emma Watson's face. Her makeup is always something to be mesmerized by.

8. Chrissy Teigen answered some questions on her twitter for Cosmo and she mentioned one of her favorite beauty tricks is using LORAC self tanner mixed with moisturizer. I was intrigued so I bought it during Beauty.com's 20% F&F sale and tried it out. In short, I love it. Mixing this product is such a genius idea since 1. you extend the product usage without significantly decreasing the integrity of the tanner 2. it kills off that God awful self tanner smell. Maybe I'll do a full review on this when I get more use out of it.

9. My parents are donating a king sized bed to me in a couple weeks and I am so excited. I'm also overwhelmed with the choices of bedding there are as I have no idea what kind of look I want. I need bedroom inspiration.

10. The weather has been so gorgeous lately that I am so antsy to get out and do some outdoor activities. Just a few things on my list: kayaking, canoeing, visiting a fish hatchery, picking strawberries. Bring it on summer 2014.

please don't let my summer become this haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment